Revealed on November 18, 2016
While you enroll in Market medical insurance, we’ll ship you emails every so often. Sadly, there are some dangerous actors who could attempt to rip-off you with emails that appear like they’re from the Market, however are actually attempting to steal your info or infect your laptop with a virus.
The Market works carefully with regulation enforcement to establish, stop, cease, and prosecute these criminals, and we have now robust techniques in place to guard your info.
There are additionally just a few essential methods you may shield your self.
Look out for “phishing” emails
- “Phishing” (or fraudulent) emails appear like they’re from a trusted supply and infrequently comprise hyperlinks to a phony login web page on a pretend web site.
- The topic traces could also be threatening, or could promise some extraordinary profit.
- They might comprise dangerous grammar, spelling errors, and generic greetings, like “Expensive Buyer.”
- The e-mail tackle doesn’t match the official Market e-mail tackle, which is Market@healthcare.gov or email@example.com. Be certain the e-mail tackle of any e-mail that claims it’s from the Market ends in “.gov,” as in HealthCare.gov.
For those who suppose you get a “phishing” e-mail
- Don’t click on the hyperlinks or obtain any attachments. They might have malicious code that may infect your laptop with viruses or keystroke loggers that report what you sort.
- Don’t reply to the message. As an alternative, ignore or delete it.
- For those who get an e-mail that appears suspicious and also you need to confirm should you actually have a difficulty you’ll want to act on, go to HealthCare.gov. You will discover out if the scenario described within the e-mail is correct. Contact the Market Name Heart should you nonetheless have questions.
- By no means share any private info by e-mail. The Market gained’t ask you on your username, password, Social Safety Quantity, or any checking account info by e-mail.
- For those who’re involved about your web connection safety, take a couple of minutes to learn to be sure that it’s safe.